Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What is your voting story

My last blog post was all about the One Tree Hill PSA, which was great because it highlighted that this is a year of voting firsts for many…and we want to hear your voice.

My experience tells of how I counted down the days until I was able to vote, and when the day came I was thrilled. But this isn’t about just me, it’s about your story. So share your voter voice with us, it can be long; it can be short; it can be a story, song or poem...just tell us what you think.

A fantastic feature that we want people to know about on the Rock the Vote website is the “Share Your Voting Story” form.

Everyday, we get emails from people wanting information about how to vote, how to check their voter status, and sometimes we hear from people who are planning their own voter registration events. But one of our favorite things, is hearing how people get out and rock the vote in their own unique way. And to give you something to work off of when you share your experience, here is a recent email you received:

The email had two lines and it read, “I voted. It felt great,” now tell us your story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Rock the Vote Blog