Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Update: Young NH Turnout Even Bigger Than We Thought

As more precinct tallies have come in over night, it's now clear young voters in New Hampshire rocked it even more than we knew last night.

More than 84,230 18-29 year olds voted in New Hampshire yesterday, a 271% increase from 2004 levels, according to a revised estimate from CIRCLE at the University of Maryland.

Young adults' turnout rate jumped sharply by 25 percentage points, from 18% in 2004 to 43% yesterday.

Wow.

Two interesting charts from CIRCLE's report - answering the question "who did they vote for?" - are below.


CIRCLE also notes, interestingly, that both Senator Clinton and Senator Obama drew strong support from under-30 voters yesterday. Clinton won 15,963 18-29 year old votes, while Obama won 22,906.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for these helpful numbers. They're very different from the numbers at the ABCNews app on Facebook, which show that far more Facebook users support Obama than Clinton. (Scroll all the way down the page) http://www.facebook.com/politics/index.php?us&ref=sb

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to be 'up and in the clear' here, and say that I copied stuff from your website onto my blog....I just wanted to continue to encourage people to vote.
If you'd rather me NOT have this on my blog, please let me know and I will remove it promptly.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Rock the Vote Blog