Monday, June 16, 2008

Count me as a new fan


Ok, I'll admit it...I don't know a lot about country music. I would say that 'I'm not a fan', but that's not really true--I just didn't grow up with it and don't know enough about it. All that started to change last night when the Rock the Vote crew descended upon Nissan Pavilion in northern Virginia to check out Tim McGraw (www.timmcgraw.com) live and in person.

This guy rocks.

He not only rocks because he puts on one hell of a show, but he rocks because he is making his summer tour a Rock the Vote tour to make sure all of his fans are registered to vote and engaged in the elections. We checked out the various RTV set-ups at the venue, met the staff, got to attend a VIP reception, witnessed a rockin' show that aired our PSA with a call out to join our text list --btw, if you haven't already get going by texting 'VOTE' to 'RTVOTE (788683) -- a great night all around (except for the hour long wait to get out of the parking lot, but that's another story).

I learn something new everyday and today it's that I'm a fan of country music, who knew?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Rock the Vote Blog