Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thoughts on the Young Voter Platform

Have you added your name to the Young Voter Platform yet? We've been going through all the thousands of messages to Senators McCain and Obama, and we've been getting inspired. Here's a few words from Andrew, our digital intern:
The second I heard about the Young Voter Platform, I have to say I was excited about the prospect of being able to tell the presidential candidates what I thought they should be focusing on during their campaign and their eventual presidency. I was excited to know that my voice would not go unheard. I was even more excited when I saw the volume of responses we got. It was mind-blowing just how many of you-er-us not only signed the letter, but added personal statements to the as well. From reading a few of these letters I have to say that I am proud to be a member of a generation of people who are neither apathetic, nor ignorant about politics...
You know it's got to be powerful, when Rock the Vote interns are getting chills down their spine from looking at thousands of entries on a spreadsheet. We can't wait to take these responses to the candidates themselves. Will your voice be one of the ones that's heard?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Rock the Vote Blog